Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

No Hope No Change

One of my favorite speakers that I do enjoy listening to, is Zig Ziglar. He is a very inspiring speaker. I try to listen to him as often as I can especially in the mornings when I go to run. If you have never heard him speak, I would encourage you to do so.

One of the statements he makes among the many, is that "Hope is the foundational quality of all change. No hope no change". This is a quote he shares from one of the great psychologists of the past.

I do believe that statement is true, and ought to be one that should be etched in the minds of anyone who hope for change.

If you are facing a difficult situation today, then hope is the place to start. You have to anchor yourself in hope. My website helpingfamiliesimprove.com contains some of the ways a person can be helped in this area - hope.

I know telling someone to embrace hope is easier said than done. However, I have found that it can be done if we are able to M.A.P out a strategy. The acronym M.A.P stands for M-Modifying your thought process, A- Adjust your behavior, and P-Prepare for change.

I will try and explain how to do that over the next few posts. So stay tuned. Let me know if you agree or disagree with what I have shared so far and why. Let's start a dialogue on this very important topic. I would love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment